A square lookout tower from which most of the valley floor could be observed, also thanks to the visual link with the towers in Tione, Goriano and Beffi. This last one is visible only from this corner of the village and maybe justified the position of the tower outside the ancient nucleus of the village.
Around the tower, set into the corner of the defensive wall, is a small fortified enclosure, still discernible in the little garden and the wall that surrounds it. On the upper floor of the tower, there are still arrow slits and small windows strategically positioned to allow observation of all the entrances to the village.
Above the door are carved the date 1624 and the word bandit in gothic script, possibly implying that the tower was used as the village prison or maybe to recall the date of an attack by bandits.
Above the architrave another date, 1648, recalls the year of the siege of Fontecchio by Spanish troops.3D model of the medieval tower